Sunday 17 August 2014

'Die germs die!', I'm off to run an ultra...

LLC 130 countdown is seriously on (seriously...). I must admit that running 130 miles down another canal hasn’t been high on my list of priorities of late. This isn't because I don’t want to, because I really, really want to go on this adventure. However, I’ve been catching every possible bug/ germ/ cold virus going. All the germs seem to want to hitch a ride with me. Currently, I’ve had a cough for the last 6ish weeks and I’ve seen a nurse at the walk-in centre and doctor during this time. The nurse just told me my lungs were clear, I had a great lung capacity and I was just unlucky to catch one virus on top of the other and there was nothing she could do. Boo! I saw the doctor last week and he agreed that I had a temperature and prescribed some antibiotics (finally!). I know doctors are quite reluctant to prescribe antibiotics willy-nilly as they think everyone is becoming immunised to these nasty bugs, but I haven’t taken any or even been to the doctors for 6 years! 



So, I finally feel like I’m getting better and a lot of my energy has returned and now I’m raring to go and run from Liverpool to Leeds. The only annoying thing is that I haven’t run for well over a week and I wasn’t doing too much before that due to this nagging cough and hectic-ness at work. However, I do play with my kettlebell and work-out and I feel I’m up to the challenge.


When it comes to something so long I believe that mental strength is incredibly important and that adequate nutrition before and during is vital. So, I’m leaving nothing to chance – lots of vitamins, rest, sleep, crazy flavoured yummy tea and fresh nutritious food (lots of fruit salad). Bring it on... Rarrrrrgggghhhh!



No comments:

Post a Comment