Thursday 13 March 2014

The pretty bits of London...


Richmond Park Run

I’m now in Eastbourne for a new EFL teaching job, which is great because it means that I’m in a lovely part of the country. I’m right by the sea and I’m also right next to the beautiful South Downs Way and Beachy Head – you can’t get better than that! This job also means that I will be able to afford more ultras and marathons than I have been able to afford in the last few years. This is all very exciting. 



On my way back from Devon, I stopped over in London for a week and relaxed a little. I also went on some nice runs around Battersea Park and by the Thames. However, one of my favourite places to run in London has to be Richmond Park. It seems like such an unlikely pretty hideaway in the middle of all that hustle and bustle. Me and George-ultra-running-boyfriend-extraordinaire ran a nice quick 14 miles. Yet, I think the best thing about the run was coming across some deer. 





All the times I have run in Richmond Park, I don’t think I have ever come across any of the famous deer that live there. I always look out for them, but they never appear. This time I wasn’t even looking and there they were, munching away on some grass. It really is the small things...



No comments:

Post a Comment