Friday 14 February 2014

Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine’s Day...




The weather is pretty crazy out there and it is rather windy and rainy, but I’m so excited to be going out for dinner this evening. The truth is, I have always liked Valentine’s Day, even when I was single. I know a lot of people hold the negative view that it is just a money-making scheme conjured up by card companies etc., but I’m not one of the haters. And, I don’t think you have to go crazy or make it a really expensive occasion, but I think a little effort is a nice expression of affection.  Also, I think there is so much negativity out there and stresses in everyday life, so any day on which we make that extra effort to be caring towards someone, is a good day. Of course, we should make the effort the rest of the time as well...


Brown Bat - Ultra mascot...


So, I’m in London for a few days, and like the rest of the country at the moment, the weather is unpredictable. However, I managed to squeeze in a nice refreshing and rainy 5.70 miles, by the Thames & through Battersea Park (I've never seen it look so empty...) in 46:21. I’m really happy with that, because I really did resemble a drowned rat by the end of my run. Thankfully, the wind wasn’t as bad as it has been over the past few days, but there were a few sudden gusts around a few corners.


Right, I am off to relax with a coffee and warm myself up. It’s a bit chilly...

No comments:

Post a Comment