Sunday 20 April 2014

Navigation

It seems silly not to do an LDWA event whilst I'm in Eastbourne. So, I'm going to do the South Downs LDWA Marathon next Sunday (27th April). I'm actually a little nervous as I've not done anything involving a lot of navigation in a long,  long time. Try as I may, lovely George isn’t free to navigate with me as he’s doing a 10k in London, so I’m going to be brave and go it alone!




So, South Downs Way it is, then Three Forts the week after and then hopefully I'll be able to get up to Windermere for the Brathay Windermere Marathon (my favourite) and also have a little chill out (maybe) before my 3rd GUCR the week after :)  yeyyy


Also, I had the best run along the South Downs the other week, with George. We ran from Eastbourne to Beachy Head to Birling Gap. We stopped at Birling Gap for a cheeky cream tea. My scone was massive and it was great to refuel mid-run. It's been very sunny over this way lately. We ended up running a nice 15 ½ miles in the end, so the scone was much needed, and so was the beer afterwards... 

No comments:

Post a Comment